CISV Atlanta Area Chapter
Founded on October 27, 2006, the CISV Atlanta Area Chapter serves, but is not limited to, the greater Atlanta Metropolitan area in the state of Georgia. We are a dedicated group of volunteers that subscribe to the goals of CISV USA and CISV International to give individuals the opportunity to learn to live peacefully with people from many nations. CISV seeks to achieve this goal by conducting educational programs and activities. These programs and activities are designed to achieve one or more of the following specific goals:
- That individuals will build global friendship, that is, that countries will become known to them in terms of close friends rather than as abstract places on a map, or as stereotypes built from ignorance or limited experience.
- That individuals will become aware of basic likenesses of all humans, and at the same time that they will come to know and to appreciate differences.
- That individuals will acquire an active desire for world peace and a desire to work for it.
- That individuals will acquire skills of communication with individuals and with groups, even when many languages are represented and when no common language exists.
- That individuals will acquire leadership skills including administration and organization.
- That individuals will develop personalities that are essentially free from barriers, for example, essentially free from the barrier of prejudice.
CISV programs and activities include but may not be limited to Village, Interchange, Step Up, Seminar Camp, Youth Meeting, International People’s Project, Mosaic, and Junior Branch. CISV is incorporated as a non-profit organization in the State of Georgia with its National Office in Cincinnati. The International Office is located in New Castle Upon Tyne, England.