A camp-based program for 16-18 year-old individual Participants, lasting 15 days
The first Fortnight was held in 2018. Fortnight brings small groups of young people, of similar ages together from different CISV chapters within the United States.
Fortnight is for 25-35 participants (aged 16-18), coordinated by adult staff.
Join Fortnight and explore aspects of a theme that affects us all, such as democracy, and share your perspectives and learn from each other. You will also think about how you can use what you gain from your experience - new understanding and planning and communication skills - beyond the camp in your school, college or community. As with all of our programs, you will find there is an emphasis on friendship and fun!
Want to know approximate costs?
Because CISV is a non-profit, volunteer organization, program and administrative costs are reasonable compared to similar programs. Total participation costs vary according to the particular program and location. Costs include, but are not limited to, program fees and travel expenses. Interchange Program participants incur the additional cost of hosting a partner in their home. Generally speaking, CISV program costs are comparable to those incurred when sending a child to a typical summer camp for three or four weeks. We have limited financial assistance available based on need. Costs vary from year to year, program to program, but this gives an approximate idea of what’s involved monetarily.
Fortnight Participant (16-18 yrs) - Individual - 15 days - USA only
$1022 - APPROXIMATE TOTAL PROGRAM COST (for 2018 only)
- $50 - CISV Atlanta Family Membership (program year / application)
- $972 - Program Fee - local, national
- $250-$500 - Youth Delegate's Airfare
- $200-$300 - Spending Money
- $250 - Emergency Money (will be returned if no emergencies arise)
- $50-$200 - Staff Gifts, Items for Trading, Cultural Activity Supplies
Applying to be a Fortnight Individual Participant and need to find application material?
- Click here to Apply - must be age 16-18 on the first day of program
Selected as a Fortnight Individual Participant and need to find forms?
- Click here for Forms - Child Travelling Alone Legal Form (16-18) OR Adult Legal Form (19+) & Health Form
CISV Travel Policy
- Section 1 - Village, Step Up, Youth Meeting, and Interchange delegations shall travel to and from the site of the approved CISV activity as a group. Travel shall be direct and continuous to and from the CISV activity site. No side trips shall be permitted. No layover in excess of 24 hours shall be permitted unless common carrier schedules require otherwise. Delegation itineraries must be approved by the local Chapter.
- Section 2 - Penalties-Violations of Section 1 will result in action against the Chapter or Steering Committee pursuant to the complaint procedure (83-BOT-2) of CISV, Inc.
- Section 3 - Individual travel (as in the case of Junior Counselors, individual Youth Meeting, or Seminar Camp participants) other than to and from the site of an approved CISV activity shall be deemed non-CISV travel. CISV assumes no responsibility or liability for an individual while on side trip or layover in excess of 24 hours.
Fortnight Individual Participant Resources - Post-Selection
- Individual Participant Information Form - IPIF
- Travel Information Form - TIF
What to do before Fortnight?
- Get involved with the Junior Branch.
- Attend Local Leadership Training in March.
- Attend Chapter Development Workshop in March (optional).
- Attend National Mini Camp in May - Memorial Day Weekend (optional).
What to do after Fortnight?
- Get together with Atlanta Fortnight, Youth Meeting, and/or Seminar Camp participants (past & present) within one to two weeks of return.
- Attend Welcome Back Party in August.
- Attend Southern Regional Mini Camp in September - Labor Day Weekend.
- Attend CISV Motion Conference in October.
- Stay involved with the Junior Branch.
- Parent(s) and Adult Leaders-Staff volunteer for a Board, Chair, or Committee position.