- Following the Annual Meeting & Conference/CISV In Motion in October, check with the president to see what new public relations materials have been distributed (print, video, etc.). Include any new pieces in press packets that you prepare for distribution to media.
- Keep a contact list of local publications and TV and radio stations.
- Attend board meetings to be aware of events that are happening in your Chapter. Create a schedule of events to send to the press and give a copy to the President.
- Send press releases to local publications with announcements of local events such as Mosaic, fundraising, and programs hosted by your Chapter. In particular, publicize those events with good photo opportunities, such as Village Open Days or Mosaic events. Refer all questions from the media to yourself or another designated spokesperson. Remind participants of this, so they are not faced with uncomfortable media questioning.
- Assist the president in presenting information about CISV to local community groups as needed.
- Be aware of articles published about CISV by local community groups.
- Keep receipts and turn them in to the treasurer for reimbursement. CISV is a non-profit organization, so always use our sales tax number when purchases are made. No taxes will be reimbursed.
- When appropriate, send thank-you notes.
- Maintain a binder or electronic file containing notes, suggestions for improvements, copies of flyers, letters, etc. to pass on to the individual who succeeds you as public relations chair.