- As a rule, two to three newsletters are published: fall/winter, spring and/or summer.
- Set deadlines, publication schedule, and schedule of articles to be included. Publish this document and have it included with board notebooks at the beginning of the year.
- Attend board meetings and collect articles as scheduled for each issue. Make phone calls to remind board members of their responsibilities concerning articles and photos. Contact the president for additional articles. Circulate a pad of paper at board meetings to collect “people news” from board members.
- Create, edit, and publish the newsletter. It is a good idea to have it proofread by the president or other knowledgeable Chapter member before publishing.
- Publish the newsletter electronically if possible. When not possible, get mailing labels from the Chapter corresponding secretary. Label and mail the newsletters.
- Keep receipts and turn in to the treasurer for reimbursement. CISV is a non-profit organization, so always use our sales tax number when purchases are made. No taxes will be reimbursed.
- Maintain a binder or electronic file of notes, suggestions, improvements, etc. to pass on to the individual who succeeds you as newsletter chair.