- Attend the Annual Meeting & Conference/CISV In Motion held each October in Cincinnati. Represent the Chapter in all conference activities. Share and acquire ideas and knowledge. Use what is learned at the Annual Meeting & Conference/CISV In Motion to benefit your Chapter.
- Attend Chapter Board meetings as necessary to report on Junior Branch activities, in conjunction with Junior Branch advisors. The JB president, JB liaison, and JB youth representatives may rotate this responsibility.
- Meet regularly with Junior Branch advisors. With their guidance, plan the yearly calendar. Publish the calendar and distribute to membership. Assist in the planning and execution of all events. Provide the Chapter president with advance copies of any printed materials.
- Provide information on events to the Chapter newsletter editor ahead of newsletter deadlines. Produce flyers or notices to publicize events. When emailing flyers, contact the corresponding secretary for email addresses.
- Work with the JB advisors and community service liaison in planning appropriate community service opportunities, fundraisers for communities-in-need, etc. Communicate with the Chapter president about these activities.
- Following events and activities, when appropriate, and in conjunction with the JB advisors, send thank you notes to donors, facilities managers, etc.
- Work with other chairs in the Chapter, such as the community service liaison, Mosaic chair, and fundraising chair to involve the Junior Branch in Chapter activities.
- Keep copies of flyers, letters, and other information in a binder or electronic file to pass on to future Junior Branch presidents.
Bylaws - 10/29/2017
The Local Junior Representative (LJR) must be at least 15 years old, heads the Junior Branch and its Executive Board, runs elections, Board and General meetings, plays an integral role in the planning of meetings, and is responsible for delegation of tasks. The LJR – along with the Junior Branch Advisor – will sit on the Adult Board and attend Adult Board meetings. The LJR shall also work with the National Committee of Leadership Directors (NCLD) Southern Region.
The LJR shall attend CISV In Motion Conference (CIM) in October and Chapter Development (CD) Weekend in March. CISV USA reimburses one JB representative (LJR) for cost of transportation to CIM. CISV Atlanta shall reimburse the LJR for cost of registration/accommodation and Junior LJR (Jelly Jar) for cost of transportation and registration/accommodation.
If the LJR is unable to attend either CIM or CD Weekend, a proxy/representative will be secured. The first choice of proxy/representative shall be Jelly Jar. If the Jelly Jar is unable to attend, another member of the Executive Board shall.
Term for LJR is one year and LJR will be succeeded by the current Jelly Jar.