The Local Interchange Chair (LIC) is responsible for the following duties. If your Chapter has more than one Interchange per year, each of those Interchanges may have its own Delegation Coordinator who is responsible for its oversight.
- Refer to the LIC Survival Guide for detailed requirements. The LIC is required to attend a National Leadership Training session for LICs every three years. If the LIC does not remain in the position for a three year period, the newly appointed LIC must attend a National Leadership Training session for LICs in his/her first year.
- Receive matches from the National Interchange Chair.
- Contact Local Interchange Chairs in countries with which your Chapter is matched, to discuss age, dates, who hosts first, etc. After reaching agreement on these issues, complete and sign the on-line Interchange contract.
- Attend the Annual Meeting & Conference/CISV In Motion held each October in Cincinnati if possible. Attend all local Chapter and board meetings.
- During the year, if your partner Chapter cancels or if progress in signing contracts is not being made, contact the National Interchange Chair to talk about replacement matches. Check with the President throughout the year to see if your Chapter needs additional Interchanges to meet the demand for this program. If so, follow the process in points 2 & 3 above.
- Ensure that a home visit of every Interchange family take place.
- If Interchanges need additional delegates, spearhead efforts to find new Interchange candidates. Search for likely Interchange families throughout the year.
- Stay in touch with Interchange Delegation Coordinators throughout the year to ensure that their Interchanges are running smoothly. Assist them with the task of pairing delegates, if asked.
- In spring, meet with the president to make Matchbox choices for the following year’s Interchanges. The Matchbox form is due on May 25 to the National Interchange Chair and CISV USA Executive Director.
- Ensure that Delegation Coordinators or other designated individuals conduct debriefings and evaluations of delegates, leaders and parents. Follow up on evaluations. Prepare a report for the NIC, and give a copy to the president, along with copies of evaluations.
- Participate in monthly conference calls with other LICs. These monthly calls are moderated by the NIC.
- Keep receipts and turn in to the treasurer for reimbursement. CISV is a non-profit organization, so always use our sales tax number when purchases are made. No taxes will be reimbursed.
- When appropriate, send thank-you notes.
- Keep copies of flyers, letters, and other information from your year in a binder or electronic file to pass on to future LICs.